Terms and condition
This is an electronic document in compliance with Indian information technology laws and international laws. This governs the relationship of users accessing or establishing a connection to the worldwide website known as US-INDIA ART AND CULTURE EXCHANGE CENTER.com (hereinafter referred to as “Website”) with the owners of Website.
All services offered by the Company on this Websiteare subject to the following terms and conditions:
This site is meant only for sane adults or natural persons or those who are legally competent to enter into a contract within the meaning stipulated under Indian Contract Act 1872. Furthermore, the site shall not be misused by You and where there is information to the effect that any user has misconducted himself, the Company reserves the right to terminate your membership and / or refuse to provide You with access to the Website. The definition of what behavior constitutes misconduct shall be at the sole discretion of the Company’s management.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
Platform for Transaction and Communication
The Website is a platform, which Users shall utilize to meet and interact with one another for their transactions. The Company has provided a virtual market place for buyers and Artists to meet and interact. It has provided space for Artists to offer their products, for buyers to generate leads or put forward their specific purchasing requirements and enter into buying and selling of their products. The Company offers business-to-business buying and selling as well as business to consumer buying and selling on its Website.
However, the Company is not and cannot be a party to or be control in any manner for any transaction between the Website's Users. The Company only takes responsibility where the Company is used as an intermediary in commercial dealings between users. It shall be an intermediary where all financial transactions are done through the Company and where the Company deducts its transaction commission. Only in such situations will the seller and buyer rely on genuineness of their transaction and the Company shall guarantee the same.
1. All commercial/contractual terms are offered by and agreed to between Buyers and Artists alone. The commercial/contractual terms include without limitation price, shipping costs, payment methods, payment terms, date, period and mode of delivery, warranties related to products and services and after sales services related to products and services. The Company does not have any control or does not determine or advise or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial/contractual terms between the Buyers and Artists. Only in circumstances where payment is made between Buyers and Artists through the Company after deducting agreed commission percentage for the Company, the Company shall guarantee the genuineness of Buyer or Supplier as the case may be. It shall however, only guarantee the genuineness of the parties and nothing more. In such situations, the buyer will pay the Company, the Company will subsequently ensure delivery of the product to buyer and ensure payment to Seller once delivery has been effectuated. The payment from buyer shall go through company and reach seller after deduction of agreed percentage by the Company.
2. The Company does not make any representation or Warranty as to merchantability of the products or services on offer or sold or purchased on the Website. The Company does not implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the sale or purchase of any products or services on the Website. The Company accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties.
3. The Company is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract entered into between Buyers and Artists. The Company cannot and does not guarantee that the concerned Buyers and/or Artists will perform any transaction concluded on the Website. The Company shall not and is not required to mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between Buyers and Artists.
4. The Company does not make any representation or warranty as to the item-specifics (such as legal title, creditworthiness, identity, etc) of any of its Users. You are advised to independently verify the bona fides of any particular User that You choose to deal with on the Website and use Your best judgment in that behalf.
5. The Company does not at any point of time during any transaction between Buyer and Seller on the Website come into or take possession of any of the products or services offered by Seller nor does it at any point gain title to or have any rights or claims over the products or services offered by Seller to Buyer.
6. At no time shall the Company hold any right, title or interest over the products nor shall the Company have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such contract entered into between Buyers and Artists. The Company is not responsible for unsatisfactory or delayed performance of services or damages or delays as a result of products, which are out of stock, unavailable or back ordered.
7. The Website is only a platform that can be utilized by Users to reach a larger base to buy and sell products or services. The Company is only providing a platform for communication and it is agreed that the contract for sale of any of the products or services shall be a strictly bipartite contract between the Seller and the Buyer.
At no time shall the Company hold any right, title or interest over the products nor shall the Company have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such contract.
8. You shall independently agree upon the manner and terms and conditions of delivery, payment, insurance etc. with the seller(s) that You transact with.
Please note that there are risks in dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretence.
selling i.e. ‘Trading Category’, the pricing shall be negotiable between buyer and seller. The Company reserves the right to fix any errors of suppliers or where intimated by buyer or supplier that pricing has been put as a result of some typo error or mistake. The seller or buyer will have, without prejudice, the right to adjust such pricing on the Company’s Website.
Use of the Website: Obligations and Responsibilities
You agree, undertake and confirm that Your use of Website shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
1. You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
(a) belongs to another person and to which You do not have any right to;
(b) is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to "indecent representation of women" within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
(c) is misleading in any way;
(d) is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, paedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
(e) harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
(f) involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
(g) promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
(h) infringes upon or violates any third party's rights [including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person's name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity];
(i) promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work (see "Copyright complaint" below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material), such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
(j) contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
(k) provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
(l) provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
(m) contains video, photographs, or images of another person (with a minor or an adult).
(n) tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Website or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Website or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
(p) solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which We, in Our sole discretion, believes is or could be construed as being illegal;
(q) interferes with another USER's use and enjoyment of the Website or any other individual's User and enjoyment of similar services;
(s) harm minors in any way;
(t) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or third party's trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen products;
(u) violates any law for the time being in force;
(v) deceives or misleads the addressee/ users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
(w) impersonate another person;
(x) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
(y) threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
(z) shall not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
(aa) shall not, directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
(ab) shall not create liability for Us or cause Us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of Our internet service provider ("ISPs") or other suppliers;
2. You shall not use any "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. We reserve Our right to bar any such activity.
3. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website, or any other systems or networks connected to the Website or to any server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password "mining" or any other illegitimate means.
4. You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other User of or visitor to Website, or any other customer, including any account on the Website not owned by You, to its source, or exploit the Website or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than Your own information, as provided for by the Website.
5. You shall not make any negative, denigrating or defamatory statement(s) or comment(s) about Us or the brand name or domain name used by Us including the terms US-INDIA ART AND CULTURE EXCHANGE CENTER, us-indiaartculturecenter.org, or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation, of the Company or Artists on platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any Company's trade or service marks, trade name and/or goodwill associated with such trade or service marks, trade name as may be owned or used by us. You agree that You will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or the Company's systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to Company.
6. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the Website, or with any other person's use of the Website.
7. You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal You send to Us on or through the Website or any service offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend that You are, or that You represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
9. You shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules thereunder as applicable and as amended from time to time and also all applicable Domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable Exchange Control Laws or Regulations in Force) and International Laws, Foreign Exchange Laws, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations (including, but not limited to Sales Tax/VAT, GST, Income Tax, Octroi, Service Tax, Central Excise, Custom Duty, Local Levies) regarding Your use of Our service and Your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of products or services. You shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force.
11. From time to time, You shall be responsible for providing information relating to the products or services proposed to be sold by You. In this connection, You undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. You shall not exaggerate or over emphasize the attributes of such products or services so as to mislead other Users in any manner.
13. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of related products or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between You and such advertiser. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Website.
14. The Company shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through group/s of people, intentionally or unintentionally in DoS/DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).
Contents Posted on Site
You may use information on the products and services purposely made available on the Website for downloading, provided that You (1) do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents, (2) use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media, (3) make no modifications to any such information, and (4) do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents.
Company’s Ethical values
In using the Company’s website, all users undertake to abide by Company’s ethical values. All users commit to provide quality products and services and undertake never to misrepresent, cheat, commit fraud or be dishonest in any dealings whilst working through the Company’s website. Failure to maintain high standards of integrity and professionalism or bringing disrepute to Company’s goodwill, shall constitute misconduct and the Company reserves the right to take punitive action against the delinquent(s). This may involve a legal action to be compensated for damage to business reputation.
The listing description of the item must not be misleading and must describe actual condition of the product. If the item description does not match the actual condition of the item, you agree to refund any amounts that you may have received from the Buyer. You agree not to list a single product in multiple quantities across various categories on the Website. The Company reserves the right to delete such multiple listings of the same product listed by you in various categories.
Trademark, Copyright and Restriction
This site is controlled and operated by The Company and products are sold by respective Artists. All material on this site, including images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights. Material on Website is solely for Your personal, non-commercial use. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by email or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and You must not assist any other person to do so. Without the prior written consent of the owner, modification of the materials, use of the materials on any other Website or networked computer environment or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited. Any use for which You receive any remuneration, whether in money or otherwise, is a commercial use for the purposes of this clause.
Limitation of Warranties and Liabilities
Product Description: The Company we do not warrant that Product description or other content of this Website is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free and assumes no liability in this regard.
Product Pricing: Pricing on any product(s) as is reflected on the Website may due to some technical issue, typographical error or product information published by Artists may be incorrectly reflected and in such an event seller may cancel such order(s).
Notwithstanding its reasonable efforts in that behalf, The Company cannot take responsibility or control the information provided by other Users which is made available on the Website. You may find other User's information to be offensive, harmful, inconsistent, inaccurate, or deceptive. Please use caution and practice safe trading when using the Website.
This Website, all the materials and products (including but not limited to software) and services, included on or otherwise made available to You through this site are provided on "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, The Company does not warrant that:
This Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
The information on this Website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
The Company will not be liable to You in any way or in relation to the Contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Website. The Company does not warrant that this site; information, Content, materials, product (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to You through the Website; their servers; or electronic communication sent from Us are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Nothing on Website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. All the Products sold on Website are governed by different state laws and if Seller is unable to deliver such Products due to implications of different state laws, Seller will return or will give credit for the amount (if any) received in advance by Seller from the sale of such Product that could not be delivered to You.
You will be required to enter a valid phone number while placing an order on the Website. By registering Your phone number with us, You consent to be contacted by Us through phone calls and/or SMS notifications, in case of any order or shipment or delivery related updates. We will not use your personal information to initiate any promotional phone calls or SMS.
PROFILE OF MR. DIAL V. GIDWANI
A versatile personality and a gentleman with dynamism, he is genuinely a man of mission. It was Mr. Gidwani who encouraged Mr. Wilson to include Indian artists as part of the program. He accompanied Mr. Wilson to different parts of India and highlighted Indias rich heritage in this sphere. gidwani_120 Mr. Gidwani is the founding President of The American Institute of Sindhulogy (AIS). AIS is a non-profit, non-religious, non-political entity dedicated to promoting awareness of the Ancient Sindhu (Indus) and Saraswati Civilization. The institute was inaugurated by Mr. Ram B. Jethmalani, former minister of Law and Justice and currently a member of Parliament on August 06,2000. See details web site link Click here: http://www.sindhulogy.org/pdfs/DGidwani_article.pdf Mr. Wilson was the invited and honored guest art consultant at the new Art Caucasus Exposition, held in Tbilisi, in the Republic of Georgia, in early October, of both 2004 and 2005. Mr. Dial has retired now.
PROFILE OF MR. ARNAB PAUL
Mr. Paul is the pivotal personality in India who provided the impetus to begin this project. Mr. Paul is able to travel India, and provide liaison between institutions such as Art Colleges, Galleries, Museums and Art Centers, that can provide the backing to make this international exchange program possible. He is familiar with the established and upcoming talent of India, and will be an able guide. arnab_paul_120 Arnab Paul lives in Indias capital, New Delhi, and spends time as well in Kolkata. His life work is based on assisting organizations and talents that may not have all of the opportunities of others. His illustrious career received a major thrust during his assignment as the Project Manager in the very prestigious Pension Reform Project of the Government of India, for design and development of the Crosstabular Analytical Tool.